20 November 2008

Aller-geez-louise

You know that feeling when you're about to sneeze? When you say, "hold on, I'm going to sneeze," and the person you're talking to waits, and you stop whatever you're doing until it happens? That Ah-ah-ah before the CHOO?

That's pretty much my life from 5pm until bedtime, the ah-ah-ah part plus itchy throat and watery eyes. Can't think, eyelids at half mast, bumble and run into things. Plus violent bouts of sneezing that cause uncontrollable Springsteen-leg.

Allergic to the house.

If anyone would like to adopt an aging cat with health problems and a shitty attitude, let me know. I think (okay, I know) he is a major factor. Also, if anyone would like to buy me a house built after 1990 that does not sit on an open dirt cellar and possibly has central heat on both floors, please step forward as well.

3 comments:

Tami said...

That part about the cat was hilarious! I've got a cat just like that.

Sorry about your allergies.

Emotional Mullet said...

My house was built in 1940.

I find that I have to change the air filter on my central heat more often during the winter. Also, I spring the extra couple of bucks for the super-allergen ones...Maybe that will help a little.

**
Oh, and...

"Blesh-shoe"

That is what I used to think you said when people sneezed. It was probably well into adulthood when I figured out it was "Bless You."

xo

Unkempt Mommy said...

I hate hate hate that feeling. Hope something miraculously changes and your allergy problems vanish. While the Springsteen leg stays. 'cause it's cool.