11 May 2006

Click-Wheel Chest Plate

Last night I had a dream that I had an ipod implanted in my chest.

I was standing around at a cocktail party (this is how we're SURE it's a dream... the last two parties I attended were a one-year-old's birthday party and a baby shower) and I was talking to this woman and I mentioned that it would be a good idea to get an ipod implanted in your chest.

She was one of those people that you really want to like you; at least, I really wanted her to like me and hoped we could be friends because she seemed so cool.

She said she could do it for me right there. And she did. It didn't hurt one bit. She showed me how I could access the ipod in my chest through this little scar under my collar bone.

Then I realized you COULD see the ipod implanted in my chest, bulging out from under the skin and it actually was kind of painful.

I asked her how I could get it taken out. She shrugged her shoulders. She was done talking to me, and we would not be friends.

I decided that I needed to get the ipod removed at the hospital, despite the fact that my insurance probably wouldn't cover the procedure. I decided we'd just make payments on the surgery forever, because I really REALLY didn't want my parents to see that I'd had an ipod implanted in my chest.

No comments: